Power Plant Manager (F/M) Afrique de l'Ouest
Fed Africa, a Fed Group subsidiary and recruitment firm specialized in Top and Middle Management positions, supports local and international groups in their development in Africa and in the Middle East. Passionate about these regions and daily witnesses of the development of its companies, our mission consists in identifying, assessing, convincing, introducing and monitoring the talents which will help you succeed.
We are looking for a Power Plant Manager (F/M), you will ensure the supply of electricity to the network.
The position is based in West Africa.
The Plant manager is responsible for:
* Overseeing the operation and maintenance of production and transformation of energy equipment at highest quality standards:
- enforcing safety & health regulations,
- optimize the economics of the plant.
* Ensuring the Plant and Pipeline are operated with optimum efficiency, availability and safety in accordance with the requirements of the Power Purchase Agreement and all applicable legal regulations.
* Identify and implement effective operating methods and techniques to ensure that the plant runs in compliance with all contracts and with optimum efficiency, availability and safely.
* Implement, process and validate the central operating repots and schedules in accordance with various contracts as well as the operating instructions of the plant.
* Develop and implement:
- the procedures to support the efficient and maintenance of the Power Plant.
- proactive programs to solve technical problems
- succession and training programs for all levels of the organization
* Prepare the annual budget for operations and maintenance for the AOP and approve all purchase requisitions relating to the plant in line with budget and levels of authority.
* Ensure that effective monitoring and reporting procedures and systems are maintained and utilized
* Work closely with the HR Manager on all people related matters, with a specific focus on employee succession planning, engagement and championing technical, safety and soft skills training,
* Ensure that incident reports with full investigation details and remedial actions are shared with the Management team
* Degree in Mechanical Engineering
* Having acquired or in process to acquire a certificate in Health and Safety.
* Extensive experience in the operations and maintenance of a large power plant
* Experienced people manager able to demonstrate success and a key interest in safety, people development, management, coaching, motivation and communication. Experienced as a maintenance manager and as an operation manager in power plants.
* Experienced in re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy and implementing new strategies and procedures
* Able to work in a multicultural environment and being prepared to travel and work abroad.
Capable d'inciter les autres à respecter les règles de sécurité et les règlements.
Créativité et innovation
Prise de décision
Diversité et comportement éthique
Planification et organisation
Orientation vers la réussite
Contrôle opérationnel et maintenance
Gestion des actifs
Gestion de l'approvisionnement
Gestion du personnel
Gestion du budget
Connaissance de l'informatique et des logiciels pertinents (GMAO, MS Project et Autocad)