Business Developer for IPP Projects_Kenya (F/M) Nairobi, Kenya
Fed Africa, a Fed Group subsidiary and recruitment firm specialized in Top and Middle Management positions, supports local and international groups in their development in Africa and in the Middle East. Passionate about these regions and daily witnesses of the development of its companies, our mission consists in identifying, assessing, convincing, introducing and monitoring the talents which will help you succeed.
For one of our client, we are looking for a Business Development Manager, specialist at dealing with IPP's, based in East Africa (F/M). The position is located preferably in Kenya.
You will support the development of power generation projects in East Africa from project concept to financial close.
- Originate projects in the region according to the firm strategy
- Supporting or leading the negotiation of project and financing agreements - including PPA, construction contracts (EPC, BOT) and financing documents.
- Lead subjects related to the development, due diligence, bid or acquisition of power generation projects across Africa,
- Lead or support the submission of bids in competitive tenders,
- Maintain high quality project standards,
- Lead the drafting and preparation of the submission in compliance with the tender rules and internal approvals.
- Support the structuring and negotiation of equity investment agreements,
- Identify, negotiate & obtain all required consents to invest in, build & operate
- Project scheduling, including ensuring that key milestones are achieved on schedule and within budget.
- Developing, monitoring & achieving compliance with the budget.
- Design and delivery of key status reports as well as support with both internal and external presentations & board papers.
- Support in managing relationships with developers and other project partners,
- Develop & build relationships with government & key regulatory officials
- Asset management support, including budget support where required.
- Participate in and contribute to the development and implementation the strategy and business plan.
- A minimum of 5 years as a Project Management
- Solid experience as a developer of Independent Power Projects (IPPs) in emerging markets
- Solid experience in successfully bidding IPPs projects in competitive tenders
- Solid experience with due diligence of power projects
- Solid experience with commercial negotiations of equity investment agreements, project documents and financing agreements
- Extensive experience of projects in Emerging Markets,
- Negotiating and liaising with Government officials, construction contractors in the development and implementation of IPPs
- Demonstrable successful track record in advancing IPPs and originating projects
- Experience of working with lenders, lawyers, and engineering, insurance, environmental & other external consultants
- Able and willing to travel through-out Africa
- Minimum degree level qualified. Master in Business Administration or similar qualifications an advantage.