Agricultural Manager in Ethiopia Addis Abeba
Executive Search Company specialized in the recruitment of top and middle management profiles, FED Africa is operating in partnership with international and local groups in order to develop their businesses in Africa.
We are looking for an Agricultural Manager (m/f) for one of our clients, a agro-industrial group. The position is based in Ethiopia.
Reporting to the Country Director, you will be required to:
* Participates in the definition of the commercial policy and proposes the appropriate development strategy for each region (raw material supply channels, input sales strategy, purchasing schedule and raw material purchasing strategy, communication with farmers, etc.);
* Recruits and sets up the team of technical sales representatives necessary to achieve commercial objectives;
* Team management on a daily basis, monitoring of actions, programs and objectives: he is the commercial referent of the team;
* Defines the budget and the objectives of each of the regions in terms of volumes, margins, expenses and results;
* Defines with the technical sales team the objectives by sector and client and prioritizes actions to increase market share; Guarantee the commercial surfaces and collection objectives, selects cooperatives, farmers, Farmer leader according to the standards set by the company;
* Operational manager, he finds seed distribution points, collection points, transporters, etc.; and manages the daily and weekly reporting of sales positions, collection, stock, etc.
* Active monitoring of the activities of raw material buyers (prices, volumes) whether they are manufacturers or traders;
* Storage and logistics
* Establishment of a test network
* Management of variety registration procedures, import of seeds
* Management of the multiplication program
* Establishment and monitoring of a network of demonstration plots
* Technical animation, organization of training for culture relations agents
* Development of content for the massive dissemination of good practices
* Management of the relationship with phyto firms and local distributors
Master's degree in Agronomy with a minimum of 3 years experience in this field.
You have strong knowledge of agricultural production, particularly field crops, and a real appetite for optimizing logistics flows.
You a fluent in both english and french and you have real skills in negotiating with the agricultural world.
Your relational skills and your ability to offer will be real assets to succeed in this expatriation mission.